Sami Awad is a Palestinian from a Christian evangelical background with roots in the Holy Land land for over 800 years. He's also 80% Jewish, according to a DNA test. In this conversation, Sami speaks about his healing journey and the Holy Land Trust, an organization that he started in 1998 to address the traumatic histories of the people living in Israel/Palestine. Sami is dedicated to strengthening communities and creating safe spaces.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The West Bank is much safer than you think.
- Identities in isREAL are far more complex than you realize
- Being a peace maker isn't so peaceful, and the risks are incredibly high
- Intergenerational trauma is (mis)informing the present and stepping into new future possibilities requires personal responsibility and individual healing
RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE:CONNECT WITH Sami Awad:
- On Instagram: @sami.b.awad
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW:
Want to stay up-to-date on the latest episodes? Subscribe on iTunes and you’ll be the first to know when new episodes are released.
I love hearing your feedback. Click here to leave a review.